Sacred 2:T-Energy Shroud
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Warding Energy Lore - will increase the "Ward Efficiency" value (total shield energy points), will improve the "Block Warding Energy" value (damage absorption), and will increase the Shield Regeneration rate when mastered. Note that Warding Energy Mastery (75 spent points) does not enable or increase shield regeneration while in combat; the regeneration speed bonus is applied to out-of-combat shield regeneration only. The Temple Guardian must take the Recharge mod to gain in-combat shield regeneration (which is increased by Tactics Lore).
- Devout Guardian Focus - reduces regeneration time penalty and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Tactics Lore - increases the damage from the Derogate mod, increases in-combat Shield Regeneration of the Recharge mod, improves the "Block Warding Energy" value (damage absorption), allows for modification points.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage from Derogate mod.
- Ancient Magic - increases the Derogate damage and lowers opponent's resistances to its damage (skill is available to the Temple Guardian with CM Patch only).
- Damage Lore - will improve the strength, duration, and chance for Weaken from the magic damage of Derogate.
- The appropriate Weapon lore (such as Hafted Weapons when the Temple Guardian is wielding an axe) - will increase the casting speed.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Willpower increases shield energy points.
- Stamina reduces regeneration penalty.
- Much information on the general use of energy shields is given in the article Energy Shields.
- Suggested modifications: Power - Reduction - Reflection.
- Important notes about the Silver Recharge Mod:
- In-Combat Shield Regeneration is listed under the Σ list of modifiers (bonus overview).
- The value is 3 + 1/level and is then modified by the +% Damage portion of Tactics Lore.
- No other modifiers seem to have an effect on how much shield energy is regenerated while in combat.
- Note that, like all CA's in the Devout Guardian aspect, casting speed is determined by weapon speed, and can be boosted by weapon lore skills and +% attack speed. Likewise, the casting speed will be penalized by wielding a weapon with too high a level.
Pros and Cons
- Major increase to survivability, especially with Reduction mod
- The only way in the game to achieve in-combat shield regeneration with the Recharge mod
- The Reduction silver mod becomes more efficient as the character progresses into higher difficulties and negates more damage as enemies scale
- It imposes a steep regeneration penalty to all Combat Arts
- The damage radius of the Derogate mod is almost melee range and never increases
- The silver mod Recharge cannot keep up with incoming damage at higher difficulties and enemy levels. It will however ensure the Temple Guardian is always under the effect of the shield even in combat, which is relevant for the flat damage reduction from the shield and the Derogate and Reflection mods, which become inactive if the shield is broken
|Level||Regeneration Time of all Combat Arts||Damage Absorption||Ward Efficiency|
- Damage absorption is 1.5 + 0.5*CA level.
- The damage frequency of the Derogate mod is 1 hit every 2 seconds.