Sacred 2:Battle Extension
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - indirectly, it increases weapon damage and critical chance, thus making Battle Extension hit harder, also allows modification points.
- Devout Guardian Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Any weapon lore (such as Hafted Weapons when the Temple Guardian is wielding an axe) - will indirectly increase this combat art's execution speed, damage and chance to hit, and will allow the equippng of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline - will increase its damage and reduce its regeneration time if this Combat Art is placed within a combo. This increase in damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of any secondary damage effects triggered by Battle Extension, based on the damage types on the equipped weapon (open wounds, burning, etc.).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Intelligence will increase damage for for magic staves
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- For silver mod choice, Impairment is probably a better choice over Efficiency, due to the regen per hit modifier and the ease of decreasing the regeneration time of Battle Extension.
- A melee Temple Guardian should keep Battle Extension in the active slot even when using regular left click attacks, as it gives a passive chance for double hits.
- After executing Battle Extension, the player can switch to a Combat Art that uses the arm gun, and Battle Extension will being firing laser blasts from the Battery.
- Battle Extension is slow to execute, even with a fast execution speed. Rather than immediately attacking, the Temple Guardian takes second to "wind-up," striking a pose before launching the attacks. Even though this CA inflicts powerful hits, with sufficiently high weapon lore and a good weapon a melee TG may actually kill more quickly by just using left click attacks or by spamming Dedicated Blow.
- This slow execution speed was fixed in Community Patch 1.60. The "wind-up" battle pose is removed, and the execution speed of the three attacks is increased.
Pros and Cons
- Hits multiple opponents
- Passive double-hit chance when in the active CA slot
- Very interesting attack animation when mounted - the Mobiculum spins around in place while the TG's weapon repeatedly comes down on the enemy.
- Very slow execution speed (requires CM Patch to fix).