NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
||The apothecary skills of the Necromancer lay in the studies of venoms, toxins and other poisonous substances. Rarely does he shy from their use. In a common application of this skill, the Necromancer paints his weapon with a thin coat of virulent poison. The greater his ability, the more potent the poison.
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Deft - Adds a chance opponents cannot evade the strike (30% + 0.2% per level).
- Virulent - Adds more base poison damage to the weapon (6 + 1 per level).
- Vampire - Inflicts additional life leech damage that heals the Necromancer (5 + 5 damage per level).
- Tenacity - Leeches energy from the opponent, regenerating the Necromancer's combat arts (0.95s + 0.05s per level).
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - indirectly, it increases weapon damage and critical chance, thus making Poison Dagger hit harder, and allows modification points. Will also directly increase the poison damage added by Virulent mod and life leech damage from Vampire mod.
- Any weapon lore - will indirectly increase this combat art's speed, damage and chance to hit by allowing the equippng of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Combat Discipline will increase its Damage and reduce its regeneration time if this Combat Art is placed within a combo. This increase in Damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- This is the only weapon-damage combat art the Necromancer possesses, so it will likely be a must-have for any weapon-using Necromancer build.
- The Curses Lower Resist and Decrepify are excellent precursors to using Poison Dagger.
Pros and Cons
- High damage and attack rating.
- Can be modded to have a good chance for area-of-effect (100% by max level).
- Despite the name, Poison Dagger works with any type of weapon, including ranged weapons.
- Not as useful against poison-resistant enemies.
- Single target without modification.