NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
|The First Necromancer (Exclusive Shadow Path)
The first Necromancer, who bestowed upon the world the powers of raising and communicating with the dead.
||Ethereal tendrils summoned by Rathma strangle enemies and draw their corpses into the ground, where they are rapidly decomposed, giving their life energies to the player.|
There is an in-game book that describes the legends and beliefs about Rathma. This book is entitled Lore of the Nephalem, Book 6: Rathma - the First Necromancer.
- Statues of Rathma can be found all over Ancaria. Praying near them helps the characters to partially regenerate his Divine Gift - Carrion Vine.
- Have a look through the SacredWiki Map to find out where his statues are located (he takes the place of Ker).
- He also has a statue in each of the many Temples of the Gods scattered throughout Ancaria.
Rathma's teachings have been largely warped toward evil by the dark powers of Ancaria. Naturally Necromancers follow his teachings most closely. Most of the evil mages and summoners choose him as their patron deity as well. The Inquisition also respects him, and they have largely supplanted worship of Philios and the Light with praise of Rathma.
While no specific region officially claims to esteem him, the cults of his followers appear in various parts of Ancaria. The traveler may encounter one of these cults in the Noriath Temple during the completion of the Purification of the Temple side quest. The shrine dedicated to Rathma can also be found in Artamark near the Kufferath Castle.
Rathma Priests also take part in many mysterious and dark deeds that happen in the world of Ancaria. Some of the adventurers can meet Rathma Priest Gordani, who is plotting against the Seraphim Priestesses and even take part in his plans.
There are several quests in game that are dedicated to the player character's chosen Deity. The ones dedicated to Rathma are:
- Rathma can be chosen only by the characters who follow the Path of Shadow, therefore he can't be chosen by the Paladin.
- See Also: Rathma Development Thread on DarkMatters